Thursday, August 14, 2014

And my final comments - At least until I find some other places to go.

It's been awhile since I did an update. I have a couple more places I visited, but none of them made the top of the list. So a couple quick comments and then my the place I consider the best in town.

We went to Belluci Pizza House in Boone IA awhile ago. Not the sort of pizza I am looking for. It is still excellent pizza. We went on the railroad and then had pizza after and it's a great way to end your day if you find yourself out that way. Our highest recommendation for non-thin crust pizza. The sausage had this wonderful garlic tang to it. The crust was thicker than I am looking for, but still had this nice crispness to it. Great, great pizza.

I went back to Scornovacca's for lunch and had a terribly mediocre pizza. Too much cheese, not enough ingredients. I was very disappointed. They slip down from my original estimation.

Lizzie and I went back to Bordenaro's and had one of the best pizzas we have ever had. It was a combo with one of the best balances of ingredients ever. Oh my it was good. But …

Then last week Lizzie and I made a return to Chuck's and had what was probably the best thin crust pizza I have ever had in my life. Once again a combo. Everything that we loved about the pizza the first time was amplified this time.

I have to say, Chuck's has the best thin crust pizza in town with Bordenaro's a very, very close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment